Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Gruf = Done

I finally got the Gruf album completed this weekend, and away to the press. Here is a glimpse of the cover:



Its a dope record, 13 cuts. Much more abstract than Druidry (I didn't think that was possible). Lots of wordplay and flow with hidden meaning. The writing is different than Druidry in that the self expression is toned down quite a bit (no Owl type song). But there are Bangers. Pip is on 4 songs.

This is also one of the few P&C releases I do not appear on. I was supposed to be on the posse cut, but its already nearly 6 minutes long so I decided to chill. With all the records I have dropping, people are probably sick of me anyway.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome. I'm looking forward to it.

But what's with the parental advisory sticker? There are no P&C ablums with a parental advisory sticker - why start now?

mcenroe said...

we should have done it all along but never really thought about it. Lately our stuff has had a lot of bad language and really is not for children... all I need is an overzealous parent of the wrong kid hearing out stuff and putting us out of business

Allan Lorde said...

Aside from the advisory sticker, that's lookin' dope!
Can't wait to hear it.

Allan Lorde said...

In retrospect...the advisory label doesn't take too much away from the rest of the cover.

mcenroe said...

yeah the advisory thing is another design headache / constraint, just like the barcode on the back. gotta be done though

Anonymous said...

Roddy that cover is very nice.

Anonymous said...

Yea, that cover is very dope. The parent adivory thing is cool to see. As far as beats go, does this sound like Druidry?

Anonymous said...

Look forward to the album, as I look forward to every P@C release. I can't wait to hear "Sound Barriers (Gruf and DJ Brace)", and "disenfranchised 2/Pip Skid - Funny Farm 2 Double EP", which I'm ordering this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Gruf dogg's in the matrix. He turned a different color due to the high pollution content in the record. you should of had steam coming out of pipe. What do you think Mcenrizno?

Anonymous said...

or maybe that duct above him should have been turned into a porthole. Kind of like how the fellows of star trek would enter and exit the enterprise.

Anonymous said...

haha, its probably a parental advisory cause pip is on it.